Bertucci MedSpa offers mole and spot removal in Toronto, Ontario, for both aesthetic and medical purposes. As a Board-certified dermatologist with specialized training in dermatologic surgery, Dr. Vince Bertucci has assembled a team of dermatologists that are fully trained experts in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of abnormal skin lesions like skin tags, cysts, lipomas and age spots. Their careful assessment ensures that you receive an accurate analysis of your skin condition and receive the correct treatment.
Although many skin irregularities are not dangerous or harmful, it's important that a qualified dermatologist such as Dr. Bertucci evaluate you. Dr. Bertucci or one of his associates will perform a complete examination of your skin condition and discuss the diagnosis with you in a caring, compassionate manner.
Call 905-850-4415 or contact us today to find out if Toronto mole and spot removal is a good choice for you. Bertucci MedSpa is located in Woodbridge, Ontario, and serves men and women in Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Thornhill, Mississauga, Barrie and all of Greater Toronto.
Whether you are considering mole or spot removal for aesthetic reasons or health purposes, a thorough consultation with Dr. Bertucci or one of the other dermatologists at Bertucci MedSpa is essential. This will allow proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment of the skin lesion.
Typically, if you have any of the following concerns, you may benefit from a mole or spot removal:
• Moles: a collection of pigment-containing cells that often start out as tan or brown flat spots and sometimes become raised over a period of years.
• Seborrheic Keratoses: small rough lesions that may be tan or brown in colour.
• Skin Tags: small, soft, fleshy protrusions from the skin.
• Epidermal Cysts: balloon-like lesions that sometimes release a “cheesy”, odourous substance.
• Milia: tiny whitish bumps, usually on the face, that represent small cysts.
• Cherry Hemangiomas: bright red or purplish spots that may be flat or dome-shaped.
• Lentigines: tan or brown spots caused by sun exposure, often referred to as freckles, age spots, liver spots or sun spots.
• Lipomas: typically solitary, somewhat mobile lumps under the skin.
• Sebaceous Hyperplasia: small yellowish bumps with a subtle central dimple, typically located on the face
Your procedure will depend on your individual circumstances and diagnosis. Dr. Bertucci or one of the other dermatologists at Bertucci MedSpa will conduct a complete assessment at the time of your consultation to determine the appropriate approach to removal of your spot. Typically, there are 6 major treatment options:
• Shave removal: A surgical instrument is used to shave flat an elevated or raised lesion.
• Excision: This technique removes the skin lesion and its roots – thereby reducing the chances for regrowth. This typically results in a linear scar.
• Electrodesiccation: Removes some small, superficial lesions such as skin tags or keratoses.
• Laser: Lasers are commonly used for removing lesions containing blood vessels such as "spider veins."
• Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to improve skin irregularities such as warts, seborrheic keratoses, and sun spots.
• Extraction: A specialized tool is used to extract milia and other lesions such as "blackheads" or "whiteheads."
Q: What risks are involved with spot removal?
A: All surgical procedures carry risks; however, the vast majority of individuals who visit Bertucci MedSpa for mole and spot removal do not experience negative side effects. Transient redness is common after many procedures, while other individuals experience temporary brownish discolouration. Although scarring may occur with some procedures it is uncommon and typically mild. Dr. Bertucci and his associates are board-certified dermatologists who have extensive training and experience in treating skin diseases. Their education and skill ensure that you receive a proper diagnosis and the highest level of care.
Q: How will I know which procedure is right for me?
A: Dr. Bertucci or his associates will discuss your treatment options with you once the lesion is diagnosed. They take great pride in providing thorough, unbiased information during your discussion and will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each procedure. Together, you and your dermatologist at Bertucci MedSpa will create a plan of action that is most effective and comfortable for you.